Coaches from the Highest Level
Our football programme has been designed by former international and Champions league manager Gordon Strachan. Gordon will be a frequent member of staff and will deliver many sessions throughout the season.
Our coaches have managed and played in multiple FA youth cup finals and have a track record in developing young players.
Your playing experience at the Strachan Football Foundation will be second to none. From the facilitie to the coaching, every aspect of the football experience is at a professional level.
- Working daily with coaches with UEFA Pro Licence, A Licence and B Licence qualifications.
- 10 hours coaching per week
- Recorded matches for match analysis & self-evaluation
- Fixtures against a number of professional football clubs, US colleges and touring teams
- Visits from guest coaches with premier league experience
- Regular visits to St George’s Park
- Invitation to take part in premier league referees testing for future rules and regulations.
- 6-8 Training session per week
- 36 week programme
- Uefa Pro License and A license coaches
- Strength and conditioning programmes
- State of the art facilities - including grass and 4g pitches
- Match Analysis Licenses
- Talk’s from registered agents
- Trips and excursions to Premier League and Football League matches
- Talks and guest coaches from the world of football
Additional experiences and benefits for students :
- St George's Park trips to be coached by national and club coaches obtaining their coaching qualifications – Previous coaches have included Robbie Fowler, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville etc
- PGMOL – As part of the premier league training for referees we have been invited to take part in tournaments based at both St George's Park and Loughborough.
- Guest coaches – we have secured the services of an array of coaches to deliver coaching sessions and an insight into their experiences within the game. Coaches we have had deliver sessions include Paul Williams, Kevin Macdonald, Brian Little, Mark Robins, Steven Pressley, John Eustace.
- Specialist guest speakers – We provide presentations from experts in the fields of nutrition, strength and conditioning.
- Sports session planner licenses for aspiring coaches to plan and deliver their sessions.
State of the Art Facilities
Training sessions will take part in the magnificent football facility at Warwick University. The grass pitches are to a fantastic level and Strachan Football Foundation will also use the new 4g pitches.
Warwick University has recently opened a £36 million sports hub with state of the art facilities that will be available to all SFF students.
Warwick University has hosted National youth teams, Nike tournaments and professional academies in recent years.