Your playing experience at the Strachan Football Foundation will be second to none. From the facilities, to the coaching, every aspect of the football experience is at a professional level.
Games Programme :
Midland Youth Alliance u19’s ( Wednesday pm )
SCL u18’s college league ( Wednesday pm ) and national cup
2 X u18’s Midland Youth Floodlit League ( RTJFC Monday home games )
Midland Junior Premier League ( RTJFC Saturday games )
There are five matches scheduled per week in the season and we have offered a greater number of fixtures for scholars to play than in previous seasons. On top of this there will be friendlies against a variety of teams from fellow SCL partner clubs to professional academies.
Additional experiences and benefits for students
- St Georges park trips to be coached by national and club coaches obtaining their coaching qualifications – Previous coaches have included Robbie Fowler, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville etc
- PGMOL – As part of the premier league training for referees we have been invited to take part in tournaments based at both St Georges Park and Loughborough.
- Guest coaches – we are securing the services of an array of coaches to deliver coaching sessions and an insight into their experiences within the game. Coaches we have had deliver sessions include: Paul Williams, Kevin Macdonald, Brian Little, Mark Robins, Steven Pressley, John Eustace.
- Specialist guest speakers – We will be providing presentations from experts in the fields of nutrition, Strength and conditioning.
- Video analysis licenses for all players. This will allow us as coaches to present and anaylsyse performances with the players but will also allow the players to edit and save their own clips to create a show reel for potential clubs and universities. We are partnered with the leading analysis company HUDL. ( Training on the software is provided for students )
- Sports session planner licenses for aspiring coaches to plan and deliver their sessions.
- Working daily with coaches with UEFA Pro Licence, A Licence and B Licence qualifications.
- 10 hours coaching per week
- Two match days per week
- Recorded matches for match analysis & self evaluation
- Fixtures V a number of professional football clubs , US colleges and touring teams
- Visits from guest coaches with premier league experience
- Physio’s from Coventry University
- Regular visits to St George’s Park
- Invitation to take part in premier league referees testing for future rules and regulations.
- Further / higher education
- US scholarship
- Coaching contract in the US
- Contract in Professional football